MARS WRIGLEY 4th QUARTER CONTEST (the “Contest”)
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be age of majority in their province/territory of residence and a resident of Canada to participate. During the Contest Period, consumers can visit https://4thQuarterContest.ca or scan a QR code to access the Contest website and complete a form to be awarded one entry.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATORS: This Contest is sponsored by Mars Canada Inc (the “Contest Sponsor”) and the Contest is being administered on behalf of the Contest Sponsor by MARS-Philter, Inc., d/b/a the Mars Agency , and Elite Digital Inc. (the “Administrators”).
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, INC., NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC, NFL INTERNATIONAL LICENSING, INC. AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “NFL ENTITIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada who are age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, who are not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Sponsor or Contest Administrators, or their affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, prize suppliers, the Contest judge or (collectively the “Contest Parties”), the NFL Entities, or a member of the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child) of, or domiciled with any of the foregoing persons.
To be eligible, participants must have online access with a valid email address as of the date of their entry. Each person can only be entered once per calendar day through any entry method. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period between 12:00 am ET and 11:59:59 pm ET of the same day, except for the first day of the Contest, August 31, 2022, which shall begin at 12:00 pm ET and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET of the same day. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address by an online service provider, Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor or the Administrators with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts on August 31, 2022, at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”), and Contest closes February 14, 2023, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). Note that even though the Contest Period will end on February 14, 2023, the entry period for the Grand Prize will start on August 31, 2022, at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on January 18, 2023, at 11:59:59 pm ET (“Grand Prize Period”). No entries will be accepted outside of the Contest Period and all Grand Prize entries must be recorded during the Grand Prize Period.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To enter the Grand Prize Draw without purchase, entrant must first complete the No Purchase Entry form ('No Purchase Entry Form') found at https://4thQuarterContest.ca/npn-entry to request a No-Purchase-Entry Personal Identification Number ('NPE PIN'). Once the No Purchase Entry Form has been submitted, an NPE PIN will be displayed on-screen and delivered by email, along with instructions for completing your entry. Entrant must then submit their contact information, including: first and last name, email address and confirm they are age of majority in their province or territory of residence (their “Contact”) and reference their NPE PIN on a single piece of paper (handwritten, not photocopied or computer generated), in a self-address envelope to the address below (the “Contest Address”):
MARS WRIGLEY 4th QUARTER CONTEST
C/O Elite Digital
5511 Steeles Ave. West
Toronto, ON. M9L 1S7
- To be valid, and in order to qualify for one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw, each No Purchase Entry must contain a unique NPE PIN that has the same name and email address as written on the piece of paper and must be enclosed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage, be post-marked and received during the Grand Prize Period (“No Purchase Entry”). Each NPE PIN can be used only once. You will qualify for one (1) Entry into the Grand Prize Draw per separate envelope containing an original NPE PIN submitted throughout the Grand Prize Period. A Qualifying Purchase entry cannot be submitted on the same day an NPE PIN request has already been made.
- HOW TO ENTER There are two (2) methods of entry into the Contest. One is eligible for Instant Win Prizes only and the other is eligible for both Instant Win Prizes and the Grand Prize.
Option 1: Instant Win Prize Entry Visit https://4thQuarterContest.ca or scan a QR code and fully complete the Contest entry form. Upon successful submission you will have the chance to win an instant prize, with the results being presented on-screen.
Option 2: Grand Prize and Instant Win Prize Entry Visit https://4thQuarterContest.ca or scan a QR code and fully complete the Contest entry form. Included in your submission, you must show proof of purchase by uploading to the website, a photo of the complete receipt(s) showing the date, time and purchase of at least one (1) M&M’S®, Mars®, Snickers®, Skittles®, Starburst®, Twix®, Maltesers®, Bounty®, Excel® or Juicy Fruit® product(s) (a “Qualifying Purchase”), the purchase of which was made and submitted on the website during the Grand Prize Period from a participating Canadian-located store. A participant with at least one (1) confirmed Qualifying Purchase will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw. Each receipt may only be used one time. Upon successful submission you will have also have the chance to win an instant prize, with the results being presented on-screen. A Qualifying Purchase is not required for the chance to win an Instant Win Prize.
Regardless of the method of entry used, each entrant is limited to one (1) entry per calendar day
All entries must be properly received and recorded by the Administrator’s computer within the Contest Period in order to be eligible for the chance to win an Instant Win Prize. All Qualifying Purchase entries must be received and recorded during the Grand Prize Period in order to be eligible for the chance to win the Grand Prize.
No other form of submitting an entry is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Participants may not enter with multiple email addresses, nor may participants use any other device to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in the Administrator’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO WIN AN “INSTANT WIN PRIZE”: Randomly-selected dates and times during the Contest Period will be chosen by the Administrator, and the first participant who submits an entry in accordance with these Rules (whose entry is properly received and recorded by the Administrator’s computer) on or immediately after a randomly-selected date/time during the Contest Period will potentially win an Instant Win Prize (subject to verification).
If your computer screen, tablet screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the indicated Instant Win Prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device does not display a prize-winning message, you are not a winner of an Instant Win prize. Potential Instant Win prize winners will also receive an email at the email address provided with entry. All entries must be properly received and recorded within the Contest Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend on the number of eligible entries and the order in which entries are received.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Contest for any reason or for Instant Win Prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase requests. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
See “How To Claim an Instant Win Prize” for further information.
- HOW TO WIN A “GRAND PRIZE”: A random draw will be conducted on January 19, 2023 at 2:00 pm ET at 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, ON from among all eligible Qualifying Purchase entries received during the Grand Prize Period to select one (1) entrant eligible to win a Grand Prize (see Rule 8) (the “Grand Prize Draw”). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received with a Qualifying Purchase during the Grand Prize Period. The entrant selected as eligible to win a Grand Prize will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw. Please see the additional prize conditions in Rule 8 for conditions applicable to the Grand Prizes.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Parties for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Grand Prize Draw for any reason or for the Grand Prize that may remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase requests. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
See “How To Claim a Grand Prize” for further information.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) and no more than four-hundred (400) Instant Win Prizes (“Instant Win Prizes”) available to be won during the Contest. The details of the Grand Prize and various Instant Win Prizes are outlined below. The number of Instant Win Prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed throughout the Contest Period. Once the total number of prizes have been distributed, no further prizes will be available. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize once it has been sent and/or delivered. The replacement of a missing prize is at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize may be forfeited if verification cannot be affected following reasonable efforts by Contest Sponsor. Limit of one (1) prize of any type per person and/or mailing address during the Contest Period.
The Grand Prize includes:
- Flights | Round Trip flight to Phoenix, AZ for 2, the winner and an adult guest or the child/ward of the winner.
- Accommodation | 1 hotel room with 3 Night Stay at a hotel selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion which includes transportation to & from game
- Tickets for the winner and one guest (two (2) total tickets) to attend Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, AZ
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD$10,000 (ten thousand dollars).
The winner and his/her guest are each solely responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents (including government-issued photo identification, passports or health related documents). The winner and guest must be able to travel to the United States and return to the Canada unencumbered. If the winner and/or guest does not have proper travel documentation, cannot provide a negative COVID-19 test (if required for travel) or any other applicable permissions or documents required to enter the destination country, then that portion of the Prize is forfeited by the Contest winner (and his/her guest), and the Released Parties shall have no further obligation or liability to Contest winner with respect to the forfeited portion of the Prize.
Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Contest Sponsor (in its sole discretion). Winner and guest must comply with all NFL and venue rules, policies, and regulations, including, without limitation, any health and safety polices that the NFL or venue may have (e.g., COVID-19 testing information, vaccination requirements and information, social distancing requirements, requirements for face coverings, etc.,). Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Grand Prize. Grand Prize fulfillment to be satisfied at least three weeks prior to Super Bowl LVII’s scheduled game. The guest must be an adult or the child/ward of the confirmed winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Grand Prize from any winner or guest who the Sponsor, the NFL Entities or venue personnel deem in any of their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue or NFL policy or law, fail to comply with the NFL’s (or its designee’s) health and safety protocols, or bring the NFL Entities into disrepute.
If Super Bowl LVII is “behind closed doors” where spectators are not allowed in the stadium/venue to watch, or if Super Bowl LVII is canceled for any reason, if travel to the United States is limited or prohibited for any reason which would materially interfere with a trip to the Super Bowl, then in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Grand Prize winner shall receive a cash prize in the amount of CAD $10,000.00 (awarded by cheque or wire transfer), in lieu of the Grand Prize and the Released Parties will not have any further obligations to winner. Other than as set forth in the foregoing sentence, unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent event or for cash. Resale of NFL tickets received in connection with the Contest is strictly prohibited.
Instant Win Prize details and the quantity available are as follows:
Prize Quantity Approximate Retail Value NFL Gift Card - $25 200 $25 NFL Gift Card - $50 100 $50 NFL Gift Card - $100 50 $100 Mars-Wrigley Prize Packs 50 $45
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
If you are selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, you will be sent an email to the email address associated with your entry informing you that you are a potential winner (the “Grand Prize Claim Notification”).
In order to claim a Grand Prize, within three (3) business days from the Grand Prize Claim Notification at the email provided, regardless of when it is received:
- the potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Prize Claim Notification;
- the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered during a pre-arranged phone call. For clarity, this call must occur within three (3) business days of the Grand Prize Claim Notification;
- the potential winner must sign and accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and Administrators from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of any Prize; and
- the potential winner must supply his/her complete mailing address
- the potential winner may be asked to supply valid photo identification
Once these steps have been completed, the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a verified Grand Prize winner. Once verified, the Contest Sponsor’s designated agent will contact the confirmed winner to make arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for failed attempts to fulfill the prize and make the appropriate arrangements.
If a potential prize winner of the Grand Prize does not respond to the Grand Prize Claim Notification within three (3) business days to complete the prize claim process as outlined above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or incorrectly answers the required mathematical skill-testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. The Contest Sponsor may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant for the Grand Prize and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
Winner is responsible for all gratuities, transportation, lodging, and any other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these Official Rules. Neither Sponsor nor the NFL Entities shall be responsible if the Super Bowl is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason, including, but not limited to, federal, provincial and/or local laws, rules and restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The winner agrees that he/she will participate in all COVID-19 protocols established by the host of the Super Bowl, which may include, but is not limited to, social distancing measures, wearing of masks, and/or consenting to COVID-19 testing. Neither Sponsor nor the NFL Entities shall have any liability and will not be required to award the Grand Prize if a winner or guest tests positive for COVID-19, is unwilling or unable to participate in the set protocols. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor or the NFL Entities for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the Super Bowl, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that Super Bowl admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, non-transferable license that is personal to that applicable winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed.Instant Win Prize:
If you are notified on-screen that you are eligible to win an Instant Win Prize you will be presented with information online indicating the potential prize that has been won and also sent an email to the email address associated with your entry (the “Instant Win Prize Claim Notification”).
In order to claim an Instant Win Prize, within three (3) business days from the Instant Win Prize Claim Notification at the email provided, regardless of when it is received:
- the potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Prize Claim Notification;
- the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered online;
- the potential winner must digitally accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and Administrator from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of any Prize; and
- the potential winner must supply his/her complete mailing address
- the potential winner may be asked to supply valid photo identification
Once these steps have been completed, the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a winner with an on-screen message. Prizes will only be delivered by email in the form of a unique code to winners who have been verified and have complied with these Rules.
If a potential prize winner of an Instant Win Prize does not respond to the Prize Claim Notification within three (3) business days to complete the prize claim process, is found to be ineligible for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or incorrectly answers the required mathematical skill-testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. The Contest Sponsor may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant for the Instant Win prize and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor or Administrators), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive any prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign and accept the Contest Sponsors’ Declaration of Compliance and Prize Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties and NFL Entities from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of any prize. Winners agree to the use of their name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor and their respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to, or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release the Contest Parties, the Administrator, NFL Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize , (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- EVENTS INTERFERING WITH CONTEST ADMINISTRATION:
- Termination, Modification or Suspension: The Contest Sponsor may, at their sole discretion and without liability to Contest entrants, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice in the event any of the following situations arise in the Contest Sponsors’ sole opinion: any impedance or prevention of the Contest Sponsor ability to administer the Contest as planned or intended by an event beyond the Contest Sponsor control, including but not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, COVID-19, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, telecommunications equipment failure, utility-related disruptions, software viruses, software bugs, computer programming errors, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, pandemic, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Contest Sponsor’s control. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more entrants receive notification of eligibility to win a prize than the number of prizes stated herein, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
- Procedure upon Early Termination: In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Rules.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Rules, and for winners, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties, and each of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, professional advisors and advertising and promotional agencies and NFL Entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with participating in this Contest and/or any prize awarded (including any travel-related activity related thereto). The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Before a prize is awarded, prize winners may be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Rules and release form(s) releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
- GENERAL: All decisions of the Contest Sponsor shall be final. The Contest Sponsor ia not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest Rules, selection of the winners or the distribution of any prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Contest at any time without notice to participants. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way.
- RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.